Mosonmagyaróvár is situated 15 kms from the Slovakian and the Austrian border alike, at the crossing point of the rivers Mosoni-Duna and Lajta. Since the two towns Moson and Magyaróvár were united in 1939, it has become a tourist and economic junction owing to its location.
Worth to see:
Castle and fortress of Mosonmagyaróvár, which accommodates nowadays the Agricultural Faculty of the University of Western-Hungary.
One of the ornaments of our city is the Cselley-ház (Cselley-house), wherein the works of Hungarian painters of the 19th and 20th centuries, and contemporary furniture can be seen.
At the Hansági Múzeum archeological, local historical and ethnical exhibitions can be seen.
Thermal bath is the dominant tourist attraction of the town, the curative water whereof is used to treat locomotor diseases and chronic inflammatory diseases.